So what is this console, is it a replacement for xbox and ps3? Is Nintendo doing to much at the same time or is it a smart move?
Some comments from my side:
- Its both a controller and console
- It’s not a big step up from consoles as x360 or PS3, it is better hardware wise but when the new xbox and ps4 comes it will be runned down again, wanted to see something much stronger.
- All the Zelda stuff was RENDERED, we havent seen anything play on the console in their show, all “good looking” stuff was rendered. BF3 was from our movies. I dont think the end game results will be significantly better than x360 and PS3. But the extra RAM will help with player limits that are stopping x360/ps3 today in for example BF3.
- No Blu Ray and the console and controller needs to be in the same room.
- Controller is not displaying HD graphics, only on the TV.
- It will come down to the price for me, Nintendo is always overpricing their consoles because they will never loose money, and that controller looks expensive, then you need to add the HD console itself.
I think WiiU will be perfect for families again, as Wii was and I do think it has more use than the Wii because of the extra screen in the controller. However it will be more expensive making it sell much less than before.
They also need the developers to support it, or Nintendo will be making all the games that sell again.
True that EA said that we could publish BF3 on it, but it’s not something we are focusing on atm since the console isnt out until “between 1 april and 31 december”, our focus now is on PC, x360 and PS3!
My guess is for release is holiday 2012, nintendo will show off the console hardware and controller more next E3, otherwise it’s just bad marketing from their side.
So what are your thoughts?